Sunday, October 12, 2008

One Down Four To Go


I'm feeling quite proud of myself today. I finished one of my UFO's since joining Finn's challenge.



It isn't bound yet but my part is finished. I've owned my HQ16 for about three years and I'm finally getting the confidence in myself to use it.

Here's a close-up of the quilting.


My friend Bren who doesn't like machine quilting gave me a very nice compliment today.

She said that if she were ever to have a quilt machine quilted she would have me do it. Coming from her that is quite a compliment.


This wall hanging isn't on my list of UFO's and it isn't even finished but I wanted to show another project that I've been working on. I started this one years ago when I taught this as a beginning quilting class. I've been working on it off and on (mostly off) for years. I picked it up again after I took the Thimblelady hand quilting class last Saturday. I'm using it as my hand quilting practice.

Even though I've started machine quilting, there are still quilts that should be done by hand and I want to keep in practice.

The center blocks are quilted and I still have the borders to go. I'll show it again when it's finished. After I finish it, I'm going back to the finish the log cabin that's in my banner. It just needs the border and one or two blocks finished. I should have practiced enough by then to do a nice job on it.
That's all that I have to share for now.

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Congrats on finishing up your UFO quilt! The quilting looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts.

Rose said...

"there are still quilts that should be done by hand"

I couldn't agree more. Love the finished UFO!

Samantha said...

Your quilting looks great! Beautiful quilts!