Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A short rant

I don't know which I hate worse, thistle or Japanese beetles. Thistle is trying to choke out my flowers and the beetles are trying to eat it away.

Today I pulled three carts full of this stuff out of my flowers.

I haven't been very good to my flowers this year. I've been in school and working for the past couple of months so everything has been neglected. If it weren't for my DH the whole yard would have been lost to creeping charlie.

I should have taken a picture of the garden before I started but I didn't so here's a couple of the after.




At least now, you can see what's left of the mulch. I'll try very hard to be much better to the garden for the rest of the summer. However, I start school again in another two weeks......we'll see.

I took a picture of a Japanese Beetle on my Trumpet Vine but you can hardly see it. It's the blurry thing at the top of the flower. I wish I could blur them all out of existence forever.

Thanks for reading my little rant.

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Winona said...

Coleen, you are doing better than me. I just gave up on our garden. I am beginning to think it got some spray from the field across the road. Everything is stunted and not growing at all. Your flower garden looks nice after all that weed pulling. LOL Winona